Old Vereeniging Road,
PO Box 57,
Tel +27 11 411 1000
Dir +27 11 411 1797
Fax +27 11 411 1588 www.goldfields.com
South Deep is recruiting!
This is an opportunity to bring your expertise to a warm family of professionals, working together to become a beacon of pride for
our people, communities, stakeholders and shareholders.
At South Deep, we value each person’s contribution and support your ongoing development, helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
Trackless LHD Operator
South Deep Gold Mine
- Be in possession of a Matric / Grade 12 Qualification or Equivalent
- Be in possession of the relevant LHD Certificate and License (Certificate of Competency)
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a mining environment
- Successfully complete a Dover assessment, at a level appropriate to the position
- Be highly motivated self-starter with proven positive attendance record
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Successfully undertake security screening with zero material findings
- Be in possession of a valid Blasting Certificate (advantageous)
- Successfully completed Competent A and B (advantageous)
- Have at least 2 years’ experience as a LHD Operator in a mining environment (advantageous)
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problem solving and good analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Does a pre-use inspection on this equipment by means of a checklist and report deficiencies to supervisor.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment e.g. top up engine oil-, water- and hydraulic oil, check for oil leaks and clean equipment according to standards and procedures.
- Maintains Safety, Health and Environmental practices according to standards and procedures.
- Performs end of shift procedures according to standards and procedures e.g., parks the LHD at the designated area, cleans equipment and reports to supervisor.
- Performs any other activities necessary for the effective completion of his/her work.
Please note that the Gold Fields code of conduct strictly prohibits the exchange of any payment as part of its recruitment process.
Should you require any assistance or have any challenges in applying for a position, please contact Rosy Monyaki 011 411 1586 or Phindile Lubisi 011 411 1387 at the Engagement Center Recruitment hub.
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
NOTE: all relevant certificates must be attached to your CV in order to be considered for shortlisting
- South Deep Joint Venture is an unincorporated joint venture between GFI Joint Venture Holdings Proprietary Limited (Reg. No. 1998/023354/07) and Gold Fields Operations Limited (Reg. No. 1959/003209/06), both wholly-owned subsidiaries of Newshelf 899 Proprietary Limited (Reg. No. 2007/019941/07) a subsidiary of Gold Fields Limited (Reg. No. 1968/004880/06).
Gold Fields Operations Limited Directors: CI Griffith (Chairman), R Bardien, NA Chohan, P Matete, BL Mokoatle, M Preece
GFI Joint Venture Holdings Proprietary Limited Directors: CI Griffith (Chairman), R Bardien, NA Chohan, P Matete, BL Mokoatle, M Preece
Company Secretary: Gold Fields Group Services (Proprietary) Ltd
Job Type: Full-time